Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A Dinner With my Peers, the First of Many!

Left, Zachary's : Right Book Store
Tuesday, such a wonderful Tuesday it was. Woke up to a great start, took a shower then got dressed and ready to go to sf with my mother to leave finger prints. We came back home around 1 O’clock I was in aa great mood keeping in mind that I had to be at Zachary’s no later than 5:50 p.m. I came home and I went on YouTube to watch videos about car engineering. After a while I finished some homework for history class and took a nap because I was exhausted. I put three alarms to make sure I would wake up on time. I woke up around 4:30 p.m. I looked up the address while I was getting ready for the dinner. I left early around 5:15 p.m. with a smile on my face and a hunger for pizza pie. I grabbed the keys and headed out with time on my side I drove extra calmly and safely with the radio in low volume and the wind on my face I was ready.
I ended up getting to Zachary’s at 5:35 p.m. and so I went to the book store next door that john had recommended the evening before. That is where I found a book that I would have bought if I had the money with me. An old photography book full of black and white pictures taken with one light source, I fell in love with the book as soon as I looked at the size of the pictures and the detail. All I could think of was, “I want to draw all these pictures in charcoal!” I sat down to view the pictures and every picture was taken perfectly to make a charcoal drawing of them. I checked my phone for the time and it was 5:50 p.m. I left the book in the shelf I got it from and went to Zachary’s on my way out I saw Jun and Justeen crossing the street, I was excited because I wasn’t the only one waiting and said joined them. Right before we got into Zachary’s we saw Elexis come. She joined us and we walked in together, with john nowhere to be seen we ordered a table for 7 which we soon corrected to 8 upon the arrival of our alumni who was joining us.
Jun's Tasty Creation!
We didn’t wait long before john arrived; with the table and seats ready we went and sat down. Chiamaka and Joanne came in later and joined us. We all agreed upon two deep dish pizza pies, the Carne and the chicken, with the addition an experimental awesome invention from Jun, a jalapeno, pesto and salami pizza, YUM. During the dinner we all got to know each other better. We also got to know more about our upcoming adventure at UPenn. We were told many things by our alumni who was kind enough to come and share the evening with us. He told us about his experience at UPenn and gave me and Justeen a heads up about the chilly temperature in the science building. With every detail mentioned my excitement grew. I couldn’t believe how blessed I was to be able to go and spend my summer traveling and learning physics, a dream coming true, I wouldn’t have imagined in my wildest dream as a kid that I would actually get the chance to do this in high school. AWESOME!

It was a wonderful experience to sit down, eat, and talk with my peers who I will spend most of my summer with before we leave. we talked about everything from superheroes to AP scores, from Pizza to Philly Cheese stakes sandwiches, and from hotel room arrangements to events we could sign up for during our time at UPenn. Time flew by and it was soon 7:40 p.m. we had all finished our dinner and were having a conversation about the upcoming trip and how we would have to be at El Cerrito at 3 a.m. With a phone call from my mom I knew it was time for me to leave. I said goodbye to everyone and went to pick up my sisters at my outs house then headed home. I am very grateful to everyone who makes this possible because I know this will be my best summer yet!

1 comment: